Governors are volunteers who work in partnership with the school to ensure that children receive the best education possible.
We value governor involvement in the life and work of Sandown School and would encourage you to think about becoming a member of the Sandown School governing body when an appropriate opportunity arises. Parent Governor vacancies are notified by a letter to parents and guardians and mentioned in the school newsletter. Anyone can become a school Governor based on how their skills would fit with the current needs of the governing body.
Being a Governor is a rewarding experience. We are a group of hard working people who give freely of their time and energy, committing their skills to the service of Sandown School.
2022.2022 Sandown School Local Governing Body
- Sandie Butcher – Chair of Governors and Co-Opted Governor - 05-12-18 to 04-12-22 Appointed Chair for 4 years 05-12-18 to 04-12-22
- Rebecca Barnard – Staff Governor – 10-10-18 to 09-10-22
- Kate Luxford – Head Teacher - April 2012 continuous
- Luke Mussett – Parent Governor 107.09.21 - 06.09.25
- Nick Tompkins - Co-opted Governor – 25-09-19 to 24-09-23
- Phil Sutcliffe – Co-opted Governor - 13.09.21 - 12.09.25 Joint Vice Chair
- Susan Rowe – Co-opted Governor - 19-09-18 to 18-09-22 Joint Vice Chair
- Kelly Corroyer – Parent Governor – 02-03-20 to 01-03-24
- o All Parent Governors are nominated and elected by parents
- o Co-Opted Governors are appointed by the LGB
- Philip Sutcliffe – related by marriage to member of staff
A= Apologies accepted by FGB
- = N/A
Sandown's Governing Body follows the 'circle' structure with individual committees.