Governors are volunteers who work in partnership with the school to ensure that children receive the best education possible.
We value governor involvement in the life and work of Sandown School and would encourage you to think about becoming a member of the Sandown School governing body when an appropriate opportunity arises. Parent Governor vacancies are notified by a letter to parents and guardians and mentioned in the school newsletter. Anyone can become a school Governor based on how their skills would fit with the current needs of the governing body.
Being a Governor is a rewarding experience. We are a group of hard working people who give freely of their time and energy, committing their skills to the service of Sandown School.
2023-2024 Sandown School Local Governing Body
- Matthew Anderson – Staff Governor: 23-11-22 to 22-11-25
- Lucy Blown - Parent Governor: 23-11-22 to 22-11-26
- Sandie Butcher – Chair of Governors & Co-Opted Governor: 05-12-22 to 04-12-26
- Michelle Farrett - Co-opted Governor & Vice Chair : 06.-2-21 to 05-12-25
- Kate Luxford – Head Teacher: April 2012 continuous
- Alfred McConnell - Parent Governor 28-05-23 to 27-05-26
- Luke Mussett – Parent Governor: 07-09-21 to 06-09-25
o All Parent Governors are nominated and elected by parents
o Co-Opted Governors are appointed by the LGB
· Luke Mussett - Member of staff at Dover Christ Church Academy
· Michelle Farrett - Sessional Staff Member at Canterbury Christ Church University
& Trustee Dover Christ Church Academy
A= Apologies accepted by FGB
- = N/A
Sandown's Governing Body follows the 'circle' structure with individual committees.
Resignations during academic year 2022 - 2023
Susan Rowe - 18.09.22
Nick Thompkins - 25.09.22
Phillip Sutcliffe - 05.10.22
Rebecca Barnard - 09.10.22
Barbara Thompson - 31.10.22
Kelly Corroyer - 25.01.23